Work Study Scholarship Program Overview
Thank you for your interest in our Work Study Scholarship Program! We value this opportunity to work closely with our students and to share our love of Conscious Postpartum Caregiving and Ayurveda with your efforts and talents. It is a unique and rewarding exchange of energies.
The Work Study Scholarship Program is designed to honor the commitment of this study by offering payment of service in place of full or partial tuition. Each Work Study Student will have something different to bring to the Center for Sacred Window Studies, and we welcome diversity in backgrounds and skills.
Things to know before you apply:
What is the value of the Work Study Scholarship Program?
We assign an hourly value of $25 to your work study. For BIPOC, we offer a $35 hourly exchange rate. You are committing to offer your services for the appropriate number of hours as determined by your scholarship. In return, you will receive the full Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program, Sacred Window Internship Circle or Whole Path Journey, depending on the scholarship given. Upon completion of all program requirements, as well as all work study hours, you will receive your program Certificate.
What are the responsibilities of Work Study Scholarship Students?
- These scholarships entail a 4-6 month commitment.
- You will be part of the CSWS staff in an “intern” position.
- This is a collaborative team experience. You must be open to constructive feedback and growth.
- You will be responsible for maintaining consistency in your hours, with a minimum weekly commitment of hours.
- You will be required to check in with our WSS Advisor a minimum of once per week.
What are the benefits of participating in the Work Study Scholarship Program?
- You will be eligible to receive letters of reference from the CSWS team (Roshni, Christine, and may include other team members depending on your work).
- You can expect to learn new skills and/or enhance your current skills and knowledge through working with our team.
- You will receive credit for your work contributions and in this way connect with a wider audience.
- You may apply up to ¼ of your hours in volunteer service.
How do you track your hours?
Work Study Scholarship Students will document their hours on a shared time spreadsheet provided for you. Each student will work closely with Roshni Kavate, our Work Study Scholarship Advisor throughout the program to identify a plan and completion schedule for the required hours. She is there to offer guidance, and support in anything needed in regards to the work study scholarship.
What are your options for completing your hours?
The Work Study Scholarship Program requires a 4-6 month commitment. You will be responsible for maintaining consistency in your hours, with a minimum weekly commitment of hours. All Work Study Students begin their program approximately 2-4 months before the Cohort starts. All WSS hours must be completed within your agreed upon timeframe in order to receive your Certificate. All other arrangements must be approved.
What Past Work Study Students say...
Thank you all for your generosity of time and wisdom! It's been a pleasure going through this program. I'm grateful for all the care and time you've put into making this a sacred and empowering space to learn and grow as healers and caregivers.
My biggest takeaway was increased confidence in my intuition and caregiving strengths. Heightened awareness of the subtle energies around me, as well as stronger attunement to the elements as they present and continuously dance together. Ayurvedic caregiving is all about maintaining balance: the right thing at the right time, for each person. This course was exactly that for me.
Available Scholarship Types (Hours and Tuition Balance):
– The scholarship that reflects the program or combination of programs they wish to participate in.
– The amount of scholarship funds needed (2/3 or 1/3).
– Non-Equity or Equity (BIPOC applicants only) Scholarships.
Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program Cohort Scholarships:
- ⅔ = 44 hours + $533 in full or $44/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 22 hours + $1066 in full or $89/mo. for 12 mo.
Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program Independent Study Scholarships:
- ⅔ = 50 hours + $633 in full or $52/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 25 hours + $1266 in full or $106/mo. for 12 mo.
Equity Scholarships for the Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program Cohort – BIPOC only:
- ⅔ = 30 hours + $433 in full or $36/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 15 hours + $866 in full or $72/mo. for 12 mo.
Equity Scholarships for the Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program Independent Study – BIPOC only:
- ⅔ = 36 hours + $533 in full or $42/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 18 hours + $1066 in full or $88/mo. for 12 mo.
‘Build Your Practice’ Internship Circle Scholarships:
- ⅔ = 32 hours + $433 in full or $36/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 16 hours + $866 in full or $72/mo. for 12 mo.
Equity Scholarships for the ‘Build Your Practice’ Internship Circle – BIPOC only:
- ⅔ = 24 hours + $333 in full or $28/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 12 hours + $667 in full or $55/mo. for 12 mo.
Whole Path with Cohort Program (Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program + ‘Build Your Practice’ Internship Circle) Scholarships:
- ⅔ = 66 hours + $833 in full or $69/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 33 hours + $1665 in full or $139/mo. for 12 mo.
Whole Path with Independent Study Program (Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program + ‘Build Your Practice’ Internship Circle) Scholarships:
- ⅔ = 74 hours + $933 in full or $78/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 37 hours + $1866 in full or $156/mo. for 12 mo.
Equity Scholarships for the Whole Path with Cohort Program – BIPOC only (Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program + ‘Build Your Practice’ Internship Circle):
- ⅔ = 46 hours + $733 in full or $60/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 23 hours + $1466 in full or $122/mo. for 12 mo.
Equity Scholarships for the Whole Path with Independent Study Program – BIPOC only (Conscious Postpartum Caregiver Program + ‘Build Your Practice’ Internship Circle):
- ⅔ = 54 hours + $833 in full or $69/mo. for 12 mo.
- ⅓ = 27 hours + $1665 in full or $139/mo. for 12 mo.
Groups who choose to study together are eligible for a discount based on number of group members. Owed tuition and work study hours will reflect the appropriate discount. To apply for Work Study as a group, please contact Christine.
Thank you so much for your interest in this amazing field of caregiving! We are inspired every day by our students, by the amazing professionals in this line of work, and by the sacredness of the postpartum window.
Application Process and Timeline:
Timeline for the Fall 2022 Cohort
(Program begins in September, 2022). WSS Students begin their jobs in June/July, 2022.
Applications accepted through June 30th.
Interviews and application assignment submission will be held throughout the application window.
Scholarships will be granted and jobs will commence as scholarship awards are given.
All Work Study positions begin as soon as scholarships are granted.
Work Study Scholarship Program Jobs
Below you will find the current Work Study positions we have available at Sacred Window Studies that are available as a part of the Work Study Scholarship Program. Through your Work Study, you may have the opportunity to collaborate with other WSS students! *If you have a unique job to propose, please do so in your application.
Alumni/Member Outreach and Community Builder
May include emailing members of our alumni and member community in support of community engagement and support, nurturing discussion in our Facebook Group and helping with community online events.
May include writing blog posts about our featured vendors, creating how to videos or other shop support.
Writer & Copyeditor
May include any/all of the following:
- Writing original blog posts
- Writing copy for new professional learning resources in our Learning Content Center for the Postpartum Care Collective
- Writing copy for social media posts
Current Events Virtuoso
- Stay up-to-date with current news specifically related to postpartum (all aspects), but also anything pregnancy/birth/baby related, anything that will affect parents (especially parents of babies), and social justice topics.
- Submit weekly reports of relevant events that have happened or are upcoming.
- Through this work you will help us establish a qualified list of news sources.
- Help develop our Awareness Calendar (list of regularly occurring birth/maternal-health related events around the globe).
This is an excellent position for someone with a substantial knowledge/skill base and a desire to share.
In this position you will develop original resources for professional growth.
- You may offer a series of talks for our Postpartum Care Collective and develop supplemental resources to support your talks.
- You may create a series of blog posts on areas of your expertise. If you would prefer not to write, we can interview you for 1 or more blog posts.
If you are particularly interested in facilitating conversations around postpartum caregiving topics, you may opt to host a series of conversations specifically for current students and/or alumni.
Research & Development
This is a great role for someone who is skilled in research and preferably has existing knowledge/experience with educational organizations.
Projects currently include:
- Researching different avenues of financial support for students who want to study with us. These could be government-based or organization-based. Relevant to only certain geographic areas is fine. Just note where/when the support is available.
- Finding conferences that our organization may be eligible to present at.
- Helping us find potential scholarship sponsors and/or partners.
Work Study Students have the opportunity to complete up to 1/4 of their hours through volunteer services (such as postpartum care and education) in their own communities (in-person or online).
- Unlike our other Jobs, this option must be completed during your program so that you are able to apply what you are learning directly to your volunteer experience.
- Volunteers are required to submit Reflection Forms for their volunteer service experiences.
Are you ready?!
We'd love to have you apply for our Work Study Scholarship Program!